Notes: I didn't have any more fresh squash, so I bypassed it. I'm sure it's even better with it, although I'd use butternut before I'd use acorn. I also didn't have any fresh shiitake, so I used the rest of my button mushrooms and the rest of my dried mixed mushrooms from By the Pound.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound potatoes, diced
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small winter squash, acorn or other
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 4 sprigs sage
- Place oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and mix in potatoes, mushrooms, pepper, squash, shallot, and kale. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover and let saute and steam, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Add sage to skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Optional: fry an egg to place on top.